Today is a good day.
It’s seven pm and I’ve done no ‘busywork’ whatsoever so my laptop’s not going to know what hit it in a second, but it’s still a good day.
– My latest article’s out! I wrote about the perceived abuse in 50 Shades of Grey. This meant I had to read the book. (Utter torture- there’s masochism and then there’s writing so excruciatingly bad I wanted to gather all copies up and chuck them in the canal.) Anyway, read this!
– I visited a secret nature reserve with one of my best friends- we saw tiny ponds full of tadpoles and the place rang with birdsong. We also visited a windmill that had been virtually on my doorstep the whole time- I’d never known it was there!
– I remembered ‘my’ issue of Marquis magazine is out and that I should tell you about it! It features me wearing heavy rubber, seriously shiny pictures and some of my favourite latex outfits yet… ;)
– It’s day 4 of the “Roswell Ivory detox” and I’m feeling less sluggish and full of energy! (I’m allowed one treat a day and today’s was a big slice of ginger cake, with crystallised ginger on top).
– Maybe it’s the detoxing, but I finally achieved front splits gymnastics style! (I’ve being doing it ‘dancer style’ for years so have had to completely retrain my hips). Success!
– One of my best friends in the world has published her long-awaited book, in which I appear!! You may know her- she’s the chameleonic Anita De Bauch and you simply must buy it: CLICK HERE
– Mog is on my knee, purring.
Last year, Marquis asked to publish some of my work, so I had the perfect excuse to dash off to Belgium, play dress-up in heavy rubber and bounce around a gorgeous designer apartment with photographer Kinky Style. I then got bonus shots during Dominatrix (my favourite crazy kinky working weekend) with photographer and friend Belinda Bartzner.
Belgium really is full of beautiful sights, which I sadly lost when my phone died!! Still, I’m back in a couple of weeks for more tourist fun, and anyway, these photos live on. I’ll post the other sets soon… ;)
For all you catsuit, corsets and inflatables fans, check out the BEWBS! I nearly posted these on April Fools, with a “look, I had secret surgery” message… but I couldn’t wait that long. :P
Have a teaser for the next set…
Dress is by Yummy Gummy
I may have mentioned before, Dominatrix Weekend is my Euro family reunion! Though it is a working weekend and I’m always running around for photoshoots and fashion shows, I get the chance to catch up with my model and photographer friends that live far away. Generally, madness ensues and we can all let our hair down… so to speak. ;)
Here are a few snaps from previous years:
My ‘model face’ came on eventually… ;)
Photo by Mew-Chiel
… so the morning after an all-night pool party, Belinda and I checked we were still alive (we were) and got ready to shoot one of my favourite dresses, by Yummy Gummy. There’s a character in my second-favourite trilogy (The Wayfarer Redemption) who wears a dress made of the blood of her enemies… and this is mine! :P But much sexier though.
Don’t you just love these shoes?? I’m going to shoot just a few more times in them, then I’m going to customise them. Watch this space…
It’s time for a coconut milk mocha and a few pages of my mystery drama book (the one I’m writing, not reading.) ;)
p.s. A few of you have been asking when my steampunk novella “The Marius Conundrum” is out. The answer is “I don’t know.” Sadly, the owner of the publishing company is in need of a heart transplant and must, of course, put her health first. She has disbanded the company for now, reverted the publication rights to me, and I’m now looking for another publisher.
Should I not find one (novellas are hard to publish), I will self-publish BY THE END OF THIS YEAR. Wish me luck, and if you think you can help this endeavour in any way, please get in contact.