Sorry for the long absence- been running around booking work, writing etc. Just submitted work to a new magazine so… fingers crossed!
I have also been shooting some tests/portfolio work recently- which has been interesting. As there’s a limited space on modelmayhem- and my website is not quite (but very nearly) live yet, I thought I’d give you some more information about me. More specifically, doing a photoshoot with me:
– I LOVE what I do so regardless of whether I’m being paid or testing, I will always want to be here and will work my ass off to get us great images. If I fall over in those ballet boots, I’ll get straight back up until we have the shot.
– I will always arrive on time (any train delays etc and I will keep you updated). I will arrive with washed hair, neat nails and clean make-up free skin, unless asked otherwise.
– I confirm the date and time of the shoot a day or two before, then call or text when I am on my way (i.e. on the train.)
Photographers- Testing/TFP work:
This is for when I wish to update my portfolio and/or I feel a photographers work has something unique to offer me.
– If you are planning to do a complete 180 from the work in your portfolio, please let me know in advance, preferably with examples of the style/look you are now going for. I love experimenting and am happy to but if I contact you regarding a test/TFP shoot, it is because I love the style I see.
– TFP must be mutually beneficial. Either we have an amazing idea that will work for us both, or we can take turns e.g. I’ll pose art-nude for your portfolio if you shoot some beauty for mine.
CASE IN POINT: Mark Fiddian. Mark and I arranged a test shoot. He liked my look and I felt my portfolio was lacking in fashion and fashion-nudes. We mutually agreed on what to shoot and then I was given a free rein with hair and make-up. Very exciting! :D I showed you some of the results last entry- here are a couple more:
The outfit here is courtesy of designer Emma aka Tiger’s Tat. She’s a rising star in the design world- and deserves every bit of her success.
This is my pretty new dress from ReTreat- made to a pattern from 4os Vogue, by Spencie Darling.
I stitched the gold brocade panel over the horsey one for a posh Christmas party when I wanted to look spangly!! I just unpicked the stitches to get the original dress back :)
CASE IN POINT: I was recently contacted by the beautiful Katie Derry regarding a fetish-y art-y nude shoot. As she was worried a few of her ideas may have been beyond my levels, she asked me. We talked. We agreed what we would be shooting and as a result had a fantastic, fun and relaxed shoot in which we got on very well.
We have no pictures back yet but here’s one of Katie, who I would recommend to anyone as a fantastic model.
So there’s a bit about me. :) And thankyou to the lovely and professional people I have worked with in the past few weeks.
I’m preparing hairpieces at the moment for a shoot on Friday for publication! Can’t wait…
See you soon,