I woke up this morning rather dejected (as I expected to be) as I’m making a lot of big changes in my life (more will be revealed in August when things have been finalised/decided on) and I have to say it helped a lot opening my laptop to see I’ve been given a “beautiful blogger” award!
It’s like a game of internet tag and there are rules!
1) Acknowledge the person who nominated you- so, thankyou so very very much, Chwennyland.com!
2) Post seven facts about yourself
3) Nominate seven other people for the award!
So here goes! Have some facts…
1) I never had a teddy bear- I had about ten rabbits, a crocodile, a gorilla, two dogs and a tiger, but no bears
2) I hate looking at pollarded trees- I think that they look mutilated!
3) I can get just about any ballgag out of my mouth with my hands tied behind my back
4) When I was a child, I wanted to be a palaentologist (and a Gladiator)
5) I am afraid of very few things… but one of them is a small harmless species of animal that is more afraid of me than I am of it. It shall not be named. *shudder*
6) My submissive side has a “thing” for Cal Lightman. (Tim Roth’s character in Lie To Me). All my other sides are making fun of my submissive side for this.
7) I don’t take drugs and with the exception of an amaretto or Bailey’s coffee once in a blue moon, I’m teetotal as well.
And as for the beautiful bloggers…
1) Ella Rose is a fellow writer and model. She’s been kind enough to let me read her novel and I love the description and sensuality in her writing. Even her blogs sound beautiful in a way I can never manage!!
2) Postsecret.com is run by the awesome Frank, and if you haven’t seen the site yet, you really should. It began as an art project. Now thousands of people send Frank their secrets every week. (And hide their secrets in the books he’s brought out…)
3) Elyse Sewell was a contestant on the first series of America’s Next Top Model (before it got so formulaic). She was a hyper-intelligent medical student and became instantly successful in Asia, and her “Lost in Translation”-style blog is wonderfully bemused and sardonic at the same time.
4) La Carmina is a Japanese fashion/culture blogger with the most adorable cat ever to walk the planet. She inspires me as she follows many career paths in the same way I do, which gives me hope that I can continue doing so.
5) Three Beautiful Things. This lady records three things that have made her happy every single day. It really has inspired me to remember the beautiful things I see. Sadly, since she’s had a baby, the vast majority of the posts have become BABYBABYBABY but the spirit is still there.
6) The Ark in Space is a blog all about the fantastic, weird and unusual creatures you can find in the world. As I’m a huge nature fan and love expanding my knowledge of the natural world, this blog never stops making me smile.
7) The Lingerie Addict- as I am a huge fan of lingerie and not a standard size, I love looking here for tips on finding lingerie that will fit me, and also just seeing pretty pictures of the stuff that won’t… but is just so pretty!
And ooh! My BBC Wildlife magazine just thudded through the door! With a fox cub on it! :D